Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 3

Today was a relatively uneventful day. No lost luggage. No late night excursions to the airport. Just teaching and inter-acting with the students. Our group has grown to somewhere close to 50. They are a very sharp group and they ask excellent questions. They really have a passion for ministry--some in hard places. Some of them have begun to not only utilize their training in personal ministry, but are already training other Russians. One did some regional training in Far East Russia. So we rejoice in their commitment to being good stewards of the truth they are learning by passing it on to faithful men and women.

Speaking of commitment, I was overwhelmed with two of the students who took me to the airport to help me replace my lost registration card. Their incredible determination and perseverance really moved me. They really owned the cause. One of them said to me: "I know how much you want to devote yourself to focusing on teaching us. So we are here to help you so all of us will be able to benefit tomorrow." That and some times of intense praying really drew us together. A fresh reminder of the passion God has given us for His work in the Russian-speaking world.

The weather is warming up. Moving into the seventies--so it's really nice. Once again I thank you for all your prayers. Today I began teaching on Idols of the Heart which I will finish in the morning. Wayne is working through the key elements of counseling. God's power in answer to your prayers is very evident to us. Please continue to pray for all of us as Wayne and I continue teaching, Artyom interprets (he has the hardest job!) and Sue Vanderweir continues her incredible behind the scenes work to make everything go smooth.

Thankful for Christ's body around the world,

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

If not logging in, please be sure to include your name or screen name (i.e. Facebook) so we know who you are. Please be patient, your message may not get posted immediately.